Sponsored Links

Link

Sunday, August 8, 2010
Q.1 Why do you shut yourself in?

It may be odd, but I don't know it myself. However, I guess several factors influence my condition. I want to work, but it's difficult for me.

Q.2 What do you do when you are in your home?

I manage my websites, surf the web, go to facilities for Hikikomori or NEET people, do housework, study English, read books, etc. I get some ad revenues through my websites.

Q.3 Did you experience school refusal?

No, I didn't,

Q.4 Were you bullied when you were in school?

Yes, I were. I was bullied on a daily basis when I was in elementary and junior high school.

Q.5 Don't you feel ashamed to depend on your parents?

No, I don't. But I'm not able to overcome my Hikikmori.

Q.6 You're not able to continue being Hikikomori forever. In the long run your parents pass away. So, you should work immediately.

I know. But I'm not able to overcome my Hikikmori.

Q.7 You're not Hikikomori nor NEET. You sometimes go outside, go to facilities for Hikikomori people, consult career counselors and work as a member of career experience programs.

The new Hikikomori guideline by Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare defines Hikikomori as "A phenomenal concept which means avoiding social participation (e.g. school attendance including compulsory education, entering the workforce including part-time job and associating with somebody outside the home) and generally remaining at home for 6 month and over in principle (including going outside without associating with somebody). Moreover, although as a general rule we define Hikikomori as nonpsychotic phenomenon excluding social withdrawal based on a positive and negative symptom of schizophrenia, keep in mind that it's not uncommon that Hikikomori includes schizophrenia before a definite diagnosis is made." As I don't participate in society, excluding going to facilities for Hikikomori people, I see me as a Hikikomori.

And white papers on labor and the economy by MHLW defines NEET as "nonlabor force aged from 15 to 34, excluding homemaker and students." According to the definition, I'm definitely a NEET.

Q.8 There are many Hikikomori people in Japan. Why do you think such people have increased recently?

I don't know. I don't even know whether the number of Hikikmori people have increased recently.