Sponsored Links

Link

Wednesday, September 21, 2011
It may surprise you, but I began to work outside one or two years ago. Even now I sometimes work as a temporary worker (Arbeit in Japanese) . But I spend my most of time staying my house, so I don't overcome Hikikomori completely. I write this at this late because I want to avoid disclosing information that identifies me.

The main factor that caused me to work was supports by facilities for Hikikomori people. They had staff members who have information about workplaces that hire people like me. In some cases, I worked through the facilities and earned rewards.

All jobs were low-skilled ones, but I think they were suitable for my ability. As I had been unemployed for years, my basic job skills were deteriorated.

Before I worked, I was bother about what people think of me, because young males my age usually work as regular workers. But after I worked, I didn't worry about that. Instead, I tried to deliver good performances which correspond to wages.

But I had difficulties at work. I often failed to carry out my tasks. On the contrary, all colleagues of mine who were hired at the same time as me seemed to make a good job. Many of them were younger than me, but their job performance seemed to be better than me. Although I had basic job experience in preparation for this day, that hardly made sense. Unfortunately, I lost more and more confidence through the works. After I finished working, I share experience of failure with staff members of Hikikomori facilities and try to find the way how to avoid the same mistakes.