Sponsored Links

Link

Saturday, January 9, 2010
As I'm a Hikikomori, I have a sedentary lifestyle. So, I'm worried about losing my strength and muscle mass. If I continue not to move, at worst, I may suffer from disuse syndrome. In addition, the more my strength and muscle mass decrease, the more difficult it becomes to work to overcome Hikikomori.

So, I try to maintain my strength and muscle mass on a day-to-day basis.

* Light muscle training

I make it a rule to do light muscle training, such as push-ups and sit-ups. Even in my house, I can do such light exercises. I don't do the training too hard but put emphasis on continuing to exercise every day. My body is not so strong, so I try to do light exercise at first.

One Hikikomori man I got to know also did training in his house. After that, he started working as a part-timer. But he said it was physically tough for him to work although he did training.

* Walking

In addition to light muscle training, I make it a rule to walk as much as I can when I need to go outside. I hear that some support groups for Hikikmori and NEET people hold walking events to increase their physical strength. But I can do walking at any time quite easily without relying on such support groups. Severe Hikikomori people can't go outside to walk, but my condition is not so bad.

When I go to facilities for Hikikomori or NEET people, I make it a rule to insert walking time into my commuting time as much as I can even if my destination is far away from my house.

And even if I have no plan to go somewhere, I intentionally go outside to walk. But I do so only on holiday because people will find out I'm unemployed if I walk outside on weekday (young male in general don't do working but work on weekday).