Sponsored Links

Link

Sunday, January 24, 2010
There are many kinds of Hikikomori people. Some don't go outside at all, others sometimes go outside. Some people may not regard the latter as Hikikomori.

I'm the latter type of Hikikomori. When I go outside, my destinations are facilities for Hikikomori people, bookstores, barbershop, etc.

* Making mistakes when I go outside

It may be trivial, but after I became Hikikomori, I've made some mistakes more frequently than before when I go outside.

First, I forget something more frequently than before when I go outside. I carry many things, e.g. wallet, handkerchief, key, etc. But I sometimes forget to carry these things.

Second, I dress too heavily or too lightly more frequently than before without grasping outdoor temperature.

I've made such mistakes probably because I've been insufficiently-prepared to go outside. For instance, checking whether I forget something to carry, checking weather forecast, etc. I guess this is because I'm not used to going outside.

* Noticing change in the appearance of city streets, my skin color

Besides that, when I go outside after a long interval, I'm sometimes surprised to notice change in the appearance of city streets.

Last but not least, when I go outside, people occasionally say to me, "You have fair skin." or "Your skin isn't tanned very much." I guess this is because I don't go outside and expose myself to the sun very much. Although I don't think my skin isn't so tanned, it seems to be from other people's point of view.